We provide high quality, practical, tax and legal advice to high net worth individuals from the UK and abroad. Our clients range from land owners and families who have accumulated wealth over generations, to entrepreneurs, businessmen, and senior executives. We are frequently engaged by trust companies and other fiduciary service providers.
Clients come to us for advice on tax, wealth, and estate planning or to act as trusted advisors, coordinating our clients' affairs and the advice of other professionals (including lawyers, accountants, trustees, bankers and investment managers).
We are also regularly instructed to act on self-contained issues - for example, the acquisition of property or other investments in the UK, the establishment or reorganisation of asset holding structures, pre- or post-nuptial agreements, or commercial or trust disputes.
Our integrated approach allows us to draw on our expertise across more than one discipline where needed. We are similarly well used to working with lawyers in other countries on matters which have an international dimension, and regularly draw on our strong relationships with law firms abroad.
Above all, we understand the importance of delivering complex advice in a way that is straightforward, joined up, and commercially aware.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- personal, company, and trust taxation
- advice in relation to residence and domicile
- advising non-UK domiciliaries in relation to the remittance basis of taxation
- succession planning - including wills, probate, and cross-border estates
- pre-arrival tax planning for individuals wishing to become UK resident
- the creation and taxation of asset-holding structures
- the purchase and tax-efficient structuring of UK residential and commercial property
- the establishment of family offices
- personal and trust litigation, including family disputes, contentious probate, and claims against trustees
- family matters, including marriage (pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements), separation and divorce.