IT Service Desk Analyst
Forsters is a Mayfair-based law firm which delivers exceptional legal results to its clients who are principally from the real estate and private wealth sectors. Whatever our client's objectives, we take a collaborative approach to find solutions tailored to the client's specific needs. We believe our engaged and friendly manner, combined with the delivery of concise, clear and commercially led advice helps to build long lasting relationships with our clients. Forsters has 55 partners and 400 members of staff.
IT Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk Lead
A shift rota is in place to provide weekday on-site services from 08:00 to 19:00 with on-call support outside of these hours. A rota also exists for on-call weekend support. You will be expected to fully participate in the rotas.
Normally based in Mayfair office with travel to South Quay Plaza office
The role of IT Service Desk Analyst is to provide an outstanding service to colleagues at Forsters, dealing with incidents and requests, escalating as required. The role encompasses both first and second line activities, in an environment where personal development of technical understanding is encouraged.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Capturing, logging and dealing with calls, emails and self-service actions to the IT Service Desk
- Following agreed procedures, identifies, registers and categorises incidents
- Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken
- Resolution of incidents where possible, aiming to achieve a high first time fix rate. Escalation to Systems Team as necessary. Incident resolution may involve desk-side support
- Contributes to creation of support documentation
- Proactively looks for improvement areas as part of continuous improvement process
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools
- Any other ad hoc projects as required.
- Strong experience working in a similar role, preferably within the legal sector, with a similar team size
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service with excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits confidence to be an exemplar, problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to extract relevant information quickly and effectively
- Experience of working in a fast paced office environment, with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at any one time
- In depth experience of incident, request and problem management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and be responsive to staff needs
- Ability to think and work independently, and as part of a team and to take responsibility
- Be adaptable to changing requirements and technologies with the ability to assimilate new packages when required
- Positive and robust attitude with a high level of personal motivation
- Flexible approach to working.
- ITIL foundation essential
- CompTIA A+ desirable
- Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office 2016 products, ideally with a MOS qualification in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of legal based IT applications e.g. Rekoop, BigHand.