Legal Secretary, Private Client
Forsters is a Mayfair-based law firm which delivers exceptional legal results to its clients who are principally from the real estate and private wealth sectors. Whatever our client's objectives, we take a collaborative approach to find solutions tailored to the client's specific needs. We believe our engaged and friendly manner, combined with the delivery of concise, clear and commercially led advice helps to build long lasting relationships with our clients. Forsters has 56 partners and over 300 members of staff.
9.30am – 5.30pm (flexibility will be required)
We currently have a vacancy for a Legal Secretary on a permanent and full time basis to join our renowned and successful Private client team. This role requires exceptional secretarial and personal skills together with the ability to seamlessly manage all elements of workflow, demonstrating initiative, enthusiasm and professionalism.
Our expert Private Client and Wealth Management lawyers provide advice on all aspects of wealth planning to a range of clients including; individuals, trustees, family offices and private banks. Our clients are both domestic and international. We have a strong reputation in the US, Asia and other global wealth centres.
Our partner-led approach combined with our ability to find practical solutions is what matters to clients. Our advice is tailored to meet our clients’ objectives – that might be tax efficiency, asset protection or succession planning.
We make sure that we have a close involvement with leading professional bodies and tax working groups to ensure that we are always abreast of the latest developments in the law. In addition, we maintain the traditional values of discretion, quality and approachability which have enabled us to become trusted advisors.
We have the flexibility to work either with our clients’ existing advisors in other jurisdictions, or to choose the best international private client lawyers from our own extensive overseas network. We frequently act as a single point of contact for our international clients, and have the reach and expertise to coordinate advice from different jurisdictions.
- Significant legal secretarial expertise as a private client secretary gained at partner level within a London law firm
- Experience of providing a polished secretarial service and administrative support to a busy team of allocated fee earners
- Proactivity and ability to enthusiastically take ownership of the team's workflow, utilising the support departments where appropriate and as part of providing regular workflow solutions
- Ability to prepare, edit and proofread all documents (in particular, wills and deeds), house style and non house style, either from dictation, general instruction or by personally drafting with fastidious attention to detail and focus on quality
- Experience of managing and organising Outlook; inboxes, calendars and contacts, reviewing and forwarding internal and external mail, e-filing and all general maintenance of client files and folders
- Experience of maintaining routine billing, billing guides and financial records, prepare and closely assisting with all aspects of the bill production process
- Provide assistance to partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries in the team, as and when required
- Excellent and pleasant communication skills together with emotional intelligence.