Data Protection Statement
Forsters takes the security and privacy of data seriously. This document sets out our approach to compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and provides information about how we will manage our data privacy and security obligations.
By using this website you acknowledge that we may store and access essential cookies on your computer or other device.
Third party cookies, performance and marketing
In common with most websites, Forsters uses third-party cookies to capture certain information about our sites' use:
- Google Analytics - Like many website, we use Google Analytics to record activity on our sites. This helps us to understand how our traffic navigates the site, which pages are most commonly viewed, and which content is more effective and relevant to our target audience in order to continue to improve our user experience, functionality and general website design. We do not use any information that is provided to us in the cookie, nor is anyone directly identifiable from the information made available to us or stored by Google.
- Vuture - When clicking through to our website from one of our marketing emails sent with the Vuture platform some additional cookies are used on our website to connect your e-marketing journey with your website journey. This helps us learn about the effectiveness of our campaigns and helps us provide you with the best user experience and relevant content across our digital marketing channels.
- Facebook - Forsters uses Facebook tracking pixel to identify pages visited and to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you on Facebook via Facebook boosted posts and ads. You can control your Facebook privacy settings from here: Edit your Facebook ad settings
- Twitter - Forsters uses Twitter conversion tracking pixel to identify pages visited and to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you on Twitter via Twitter promoted tweets and ads.
Strictly necessary cookies
- Cloudflare cfduid - Used by CloudFlare to identify trusted web traffic. Cookie does not store any personally identifiable information. Default expiration time: 5 years
- Drupal has_js - Standard Drupal CMS cookie to determine if java script is used. Does not record any specific credentials. Default expiration time: Cleared on browser close
- Adaptive_image - Remembers your screen size, so you are shown the correct image size. This prevents large images being sent to mobile phones and possibly using large chunks of your data allowance. Default expiration time: Cleared on browser close
- Forsters_cookie – Remembers accepting of cookies on site so as not to re show pop up.
Performance / Marketing cookies
- Google _ga - Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. Default expiration time: 2 years
- Google _gat - Used to throttle request rate limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. Default expiration time: 1 minute
- Google _gid - Used to distinguish users and stores a unique value for each page visited. Default expiration time: 24 hours
- Vuture forsters.vuture.net_VxSessionID – Tracks website journey upon arrival from a Forsters email campaign sent via the Vuture platform. Default expiration time: Expires upon navigating away from the page/site
- Vuture intEmailHistoryId – Used by the Vuture platform to track your e-marketing journey with your website journey. Default expiry time: 1 year
- Vuture ASPSESSIONID – Used by Vuture to uniquely identify your visit. Default expiration time: Expires upon navigating away from the page/site
- Twitter twttr.conversion.trackPid – Used by Twitter to record pages visited in order to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you within the Twitter platform.
- Facebook FB_PIXEL_ID - Used by Facebook to record pages visited in order to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you within the Facebook platform.
Email marketing and tracking
Where you receive a marketing email, email invitation or other direct mailing from us, we may collect information about you in the following ways:
- Opening emails: if you open the email either by downloading images in the email or clicking a link we log such activity within the Vuture database.
- View as a web page: If you click “View it as a web page£ link, a tracking code is passed in the link so that the web page is personalised in the same way as the email.
- Links to web pages: If you click on any web link, we pass a tracking code in the link to the web page which we use to log such activity in the Vuture database.
- Unsubscribe: If you click “unsubscribe”, we will automatically log this information in the Vuture database. If you unsubscribe from any email invitation or alert, we will continue to store your personal data on a “marketing suppression list” so as to record your preference.
- Event RSVP buttons: In our event invitations and confirmations we provide buttons to allow you to accept, decline, cancel and register (if you are not the original recipient of the email) for that event. Clicking on these buttons will pass a tracking code so we can record your choice in our database to help us manage the event.
No cookies are used for email tracking.