The Law Society
Victoria EdwardsPartner and Head of Banking and Finance, Head of Real Estate Finance
Victoria has broad experience acting for a range of onshore and offshore lenders (private and retail banks, alternative lenders, bridging and mezzanine lenders) and borrowers (including family offices, corporates, developers and funds) often through offshore structures.
She has particular expertise in real estate finance (investment and development) in relation to commercial real estate, mixed use schemes, retail and office parks, student accommodation, hotels and high value residential developments.
Victoria’s recent experience includes:
- the development financing for the Greenwich Peninsula scheme, which is the largest residential development in the UK
- the development finance of the second Mandarin Oriental hotel in London
- acting for a family office on various financing and refinancings of prominent London offices, residential developments and schemes
- acting for an onshore family office via a unit trust on the acquisition of a business park in Scotland
- acting for a boutique luxury hotel group on their corporate banking arrangements
- acting for a mezzanine lender on the mezzanine debt into a significant Mayfair property
- acting for Santander in relation to various matters
- acting for a UK fund in relation to various financings and refinancings of both residential and commercial schemes in prime central London
- acting for an offshore investor in relation to the acquisition (and subsequent refinancing) of a hotel in Mayfair
- acting for an offshore investor on the development financing of various student accommodation schemes outside of London.
My articles and links
“Victoria Edwards [is] an 'excellent negotiator' who is 'practical' and 'always responds quickly'.” The Legal 500 UK, 2019
"Excellent business acumen" Legal 500 UK, 2016