The Heritage Property and Art group comprises specialist lawyers drawn from across the firm. A multi-disciplinary approach allows us to tailor our services to a broad range of clients, including artists, auction houses, galleries, individuals owners and collectors, historic houses and charities, in the UK and overseas.
The advice we provide covers:
- tax and succession planning for individual owners and trustees
- the exemptions affecting buildings, landscapes and objects of national importance, offers in lieu of tax and heritage maintenance funds
- the responsibilities of trustee owners of heritage property and art, including insurance, preservation and public access
- buying and selling art, privately or at auction
- art-related intellectual property, including artists' resale rights
- the import and export of works of art
- the formation and management of charities and art foundations
- disputes about the ownership, provenance and authenticity of art
- litigation over transactions involving agents, auction houses and galleries.