Forsters is recognised as a leading law firm offering a comprehensive service to an international clients with business and personal interests in the UK. Our expertise ranges from advice on structuring global assets to discrete transactions.
In addition to providing services from our Mayfair office, our lawyers travel overseas regularly to advise our clients. We have strong links with professionals in other jurisdictions and we are able to work with them, or with our clients' existing teams of advisers, to achieve the best outcome possible.
Of particular note is our work assisting with UK tax planning matters for international individuals. Forsters has a unique reputation within the US market where we work with clients who are either planning to locate to the UK or have business and personal interests in the UK.
We regularly advise on:
- taking up and breaking UK residence and associated tax matters
- all aspects of UK income and capital taxation for individuals and their asset holding structures
- the acquisition and disposal of UK residential and commercial property
- wealth and succession planning, including the preparation of wills and the use of trusts and other entities
- family law including divorce and separation, pre and post nuptial agreements and matters affecting children
- establishing and administering family offices and private funds
- structuring business assets together with associated regulatory matters
- cross-border issues.