Below you will find information regarding our Anti-Bribery Policy, Data Protection Statement, Interest Policy, and Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
Forsters LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England with no. OC306185 whose registered office is at the below address. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We use the terms ‘partner’ or ‘partners’ to refer to a member of Forsters LLP, or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of members is available for inspection at the principal place of business at which service of documents will be effective.
SRA ID: 400249
The Bribery Act 2010 came into force on 1 July 2011.
It is the Firm's policy to comply with the Act and to conduct its business in an honest and ethical manner, avoiding any appearance of impropriety or improper inducement to unfairly gain a business advantage. The Firm takes a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and is committed to operating and implementing effective systems to counter all forms of bribery. The COLP and COFA have overall responsibility for overseeing the Firm's anti-bribery procedures and for reviewing them on a regular basis.
Forsters is committed to providing a first class service to each and every client. We recognise that there will be occasions when we may fail to achieve the very high standards we set for ourselves and which our clients expect from us. Mistakes may occur, things may go wrong or we may fail to explain something clearly. When something does go wrong, we need you to tell us about it straight away so that we can put matters right without delay. Addressing your complaint or dealing with your concern as quickly as we can is important to delivering the first class service we strive to provide.
If you have any complaint, question or concern whatsoever about the service we are providing or have provided to you we ask you to let us know immediately and we promise to deal with your complaint without delay.
Data Protection Statement
Forsters takes the security and privacy of data seriously. This document sets out our approach to compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and provides information about how we will manage our data privacy and security obligations.
By using this website you acknowledge that we may store and access essential cookies on your computer or other device.
Third party cookies, performance and marketing
In common with most websites, Forsters uses third-party cookies to capture certain information about our sites' use:
- Google Analytics - Like many website, we use Google Analytics to record activity on our sites. This helps us to understand how our traffic navigates the site, which pages are most commonly viewed, and which content is more effective and relevant to our target audience in order to continue to improve our user experience, functionality and general website design. We do not use any information that is provided to us in the cookie, nor is anyone directly identifiable from the information made available to us or stored by Google.
- Vuture - When clicking through to our website from one of our marketing emails sent with the Vuture platform some additional cookies are used on our website to connect your e-marketing journey with your website journey. This helps us learn about the effectiveness of our campaigns and helps us provide you with the best user experience and relevant content across our digital marketing channels.
- Facebook - Forsters uses Facebook tracking pixel to identify pages visited and to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you on Facebook via Facebook boosted posts and ads. You can control your Facebook privacy settings from here: Edit your Facebook ad settings
- Twitter - Forsters uses Twitter conversion tracking pixel to identify pages visited and to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you on Twitter via Twitter promoted tweets and ads.
Strictly necessary cookies
- Cloudflare cfduid - Used by CloudFlare to identify trusted web traffic. Cookie does not store any personally identifiable information. Default expiration time: 5 years
- Drupal has_js - Standard Drupal CMS cookie to determine if java script is used. Does not record any specific credentials. Default expiration time: Cleared on browser close
- Adaptive_image - Remembers your screen size, so you are shown the correct image size. This prevents large images being sent to mobile phones and possibly using large chunks of your data allowance. Default expiration time: Cleared on browser close
- Forsters_cookie – Remembers accepting of cookies on site so as not to re show pop up.
Performance / Marketing cookies
- Google _ga - Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. Default expiration time: 2 years
- Google _gat - Used to throttle request rate limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. Default expiration time: 1 minute
- Google _gid - Used to distinguish users and stores a unique value for each page visited. Default expiration time: 24 hours
- Vuture forsters.vuture.net_VxSessionID – Tracks website journey upon arrival from a Forsters email campaign sent via the Vuture platform. Default expiration time: Expires upon navigating away from the page/site
- Vuture intEmailHistoryId – Used by the Vuture platform to track your e-marketing journey with your website journey. Default expiry time: 1 year
- Vuture ASPSESSIONID – Used by Vuture to uniquely identify your visit. Default expiration time: Expires upon navigating away from the page/site
- Twitter twttr.conversion.trackPid – Used by Twitter to record pages visited in order to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you within the Twitter platform.
- Facebook FB_PIXEL_ID - Used by Facebook to record pages visited in order to provide relevant remarketing opportunities to you within the Facebook platform.
Email marketing and tracking
Where you receive a marketing email, email invitation or other direct mailing from us, we may collect information about you in the following ways:
- Opening emails: if you open the email either by downloading images in the email or clicking a link we log such activity within the Vuture database.
- View as a web page: If you click “View it as a web page£ link, a tracking code is passed in the link so that the web page is personalised in the same way as the email.
- Links to web pages: If you click on any web link, we pass a tracking code in the link to the web page which we use to log such activity in the Vuture database.
- Unsubscribe: If you click “unsubscribe”, we will automatically log this information in the Vuture database. If you unsubscribe from any email invitation or alert, we will continue to store your personal data on a “marketing suppression list” so as to record your preference.
- Event RSVP buttons: In our event invitations and confirmations we provide buttons to allow you to accept, decline, cancel and register (if you are not the original recipient of the email) for that event. Clicking on these buttons will pass a tracking code so we can record your choice in our database to help us manage the event.
No cookies are used for email tracking.
In accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules, it is the firm’s policy to account to its clients for a sum in lieu of interest on a fair and reasonable basis.
The rate of interest paid will be at the rate paid by our Bank, C Hoare & Co, on our general client account.
Please note that this rate may not be as high as the rate which you may be able to achieve if you were to invest the monies yourself.
Monies will be held on your behalf in a general client account and we will not account for interest in the following circumstances:
a) If the amount of interest calculated is £50 or less; or
b) If there is an agreement to contract out of the provisions of this policy
If we hold money in a separate designated client account on your behalf, we will account to you for the actual interest earned on that account.
Interest will be calculated and credited to your account on a six monthly basis or on completion of the matter.
If sums of monies are held in relation to separate matters for you then each sum will usually be treated separately. Therefore we will apply the fair and reasonable test to the individual sums without aggregation unless the matters are so closely related that they ought to be considered together.
Interest is paid on cleared funds only.