Forsters to move to Marylebone in 2024
Forsters announces today that it will move to new HQ premises in early 2024. Located in the heart of Marylebone, the 50,000 sq. ft office at 22 Baker Street will provide Forsters’ partners, staff and clients with a modern, sustainable and flexible new headquarters.
The firm currently operates across four sites. A key driver for the decision to move is the desire to bring everybody together under one roof.
Forsters’ Managing Partner, Emily Exton, said: “The firm has enjoyed a period of sustained growth over the past five years. Our collaborative and collegiate working culture underpins our success. The move to a single site in a fantastic location can only serve to enhance this success as well as the sense of belonging and commitment to our organisation which we seek to promote.
“The firm’s leadership is committed to creating a friendly, inclusive and flexible working environment at 22 Baker Street. This will support effective collaboration and the development of all Forsters people while maintaining the delivery of a first-class service and experience for clients. Forsters continues to be a dynamic and ambitious firm - it is wonderful that our move next year will coincide with our 25th Anniversary.”
The new office sits at the heart of one of London’s premier shopping and dining areas and will have an expanded roof terrace, dedicated staff café and a range of other contemporary facilities, including collaborative working spaces and wellbeing amenities. 22 Baker Street will undergo a period of significant investment and refurbishment over the next 18 months ahead of the move, which is expected to take place in Q4 next year.
Renowned for its work in the real estate and private wealth sectors, Forsters now totals over 500 staff and partners. The move to 22 Baker Street signals the firm’s commitment to further growth, its ongoing investment in sustainable business practices and the emphasis which is placed on the wellbeing and happiness of its partners and staff.
Glenn Dunn, Head of the Corporate Occupier group within Forsters’ top ranked Commercial Real Estate team, led both the commercial and legal negotiations. He said: “Our move to 22 Baker Street will be the culmination of a carefully conducted and comprehensive search to find the right new home for our business. We looked at many potential sites but we unanimously felt that 22 Baker Street will give us an inclusive space to support each other, exchange ideas and solve our clients’ challenges as a unified team.
“Having worked opposite our new landlord Lazari Investments on several leasing transactions over the past 20 years, I have always been impressed by their collaborative and constructive approach to both negotiations and successful delivery of those projects. This experience has been a significant factor in our decision to enter into a long-term lease commitment at 22 Baker Street. We are excited at becoming a Lazari client and look forward to developing this relationship over the next 15 years.”
Robin Wickham, Executive Director CBRE commented: “It is a pleasure to have advised Forsters on acquiring space at 22 Baker Street. This prime located office with excellent environmental credentials will make a superb new home for the firm, consolidating its London footprint. Our experience in partnering with the legal sector to secure best in class in office space enabled us to act swiftly to secure this off market premium space in accordance with the brief.”
- Landlord - Lazari Investments Limited
- Agent - CBRE
- Sq. Ft - 50,000 sq. ft of space including a roof terrace, staff café and a range of other contemporary facilities
Forsters professional team
- Architects - ID:SR (formerly Sheppard Robson)
- M&E Consultants - ChapmanBDSP
Landlords professional team
- Landlords Architects - Marks Barfield
- M&E Consultants - GLP
- Whole Life Carbon Assessment to inform choice of materials and new/upgraded building services
- Minimum carbon benchmark of 750 kgm²
- Targeting minimum BREEAM Excellent certification
- Base build designed to allow an agreed Nabers Rating to be achieved subject to Forsters operational targets and fit-out design
- Enhanced renewables as part of energy strategy with photovoltaic roof panels
- New mechanical and engineering plant (MEP) services utilising low carbon/low energy technology will be installed and new heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to incorporate heat recovery
- Principles of the WELL Building Standards will be followed to contribute to enhanced indoor environmental quality and user experience.