Immigration Pricing Information
Tier 1 (Investor) visa application
The fees information provided relates to Tier 1 (Investor) Visa applications, as we manage these types of applications most frequently for our high-net worth clients and their families. If you would like to discuss other possible types of UK visa and immigration applications we advise on, please contact a member of the Private Client Immigration team.
Our charges for a Tier 1 (Investor) Visa application will be calculated by reference to the hourly rates of the lawyers working on it. The applicable hourly rates will depend on the seniority and specialised knowledge of the individuals concerned, however they will typically range between £170.00 and £570.00.
The average cost of completing the application is between £8,000 and £12,000 for the ‘Main Applicant’ and an additional £1,500 to £2,000 per ’Dependant Applicant’ (i.e. spouse or minor child of the Main Applicant). This varies depending on whether the application is either for entry clearance, leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain because each type of application involves varying considerations and therefore levels of work required.
All figures exclude VAT unless specifically stated and disbursements. Whether VAT will be payable on our fees and any disbursements will depend on where you are resident. Our fees are also exclusive of external fees, such as the visa application fee and the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge.
On average, a Tier 1 (Investor) visa application takes between 4 and 6 months to complete, but the exact timing will depend on the circumstances of your case, including (but not limited to):
- Whether the application is for entry clearance, leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain
- The source of the minimum £2 million funds required for the visa application
- The amount of supporting evidence that needs to be compiled and examined to satisfy the requirements of the visa
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
- Whether you have an existing UK banking relationship
- Whether a priority service is available and used to fast-track the Home Office’s decision-making of the application
- If there are any exceptional circumstances with you and/or your dependants.
What services are included
The work required will depend on whether you are applying for entry clearance, leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain under the Tier 1 (Investor) Visa category. With all such applications, work will broadly involve:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether the Tier 1 (Investor) Visa category is the most appropriate for you and your family and what other options may be available to you
- Advising on the process and documentation required to make the relevant application, together with the strategy for demonstrating that you meet the relevant requirements within the UK Immigration Rules
- Liaising with you and your other advisers (where relevant) in relation to the necessary pre-application documentation to be compiled, which can include obtaining any relevant Overseas Criminal Record Certificate(s) and a bank letter to evidence the opening of a UK bank account as required under the UK Immigration Rules for entry clearance applications
- Preparing, completing and submitting your online application forms and reviewing all supporting documents
- Scheduling your biometric enrolment appointments with the relevant UK Visa Application Centre in your country of departure or in the UK depending on your circumstances, and preparing all the documentation necessary for this
- Liaising with you, your bank(s) and the UK Home Office as appropriate and dealing with any other queries on the UK Immigration Rules or process that may arise in respect of the relevant application.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. These can include (but not limited to):
- Interpreter and/or translation fees. The costs for these services will vary widely depending on the extent to which they are required, the company used as well as the complexity of your case.
- Independent expert reports e.g. from auditors, medical experts etc. These are not required in many cases; we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If we are required to attend with you your biometric enrolment appointment, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees and Immigration Healthcare Surcharge for making the relevant application. You will pay them to the Home Office directly as part of the application process
- Where the Home Office refuses your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. For information about the current processing times, please see the government website here.
Please note the anticipated timeframe and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.