Immigration Pricing Information
Tier 1 (Investor) visa application
The fees information provided here relates to applications for Tier 1 (Investor) visa applications, as we manage these types of applications most frequently for our clients. If you would like to discuss other possible visa applications, please contact a member of the team.
Our charge for this work will be calculated by reference to our hourly rates. The applicable hourly rates will depend on the seniority and specialised knowledge of the individuals concerned however they will range between £170.00 and £570.00.
The average cost of completing the application is between £8,000 and £12,000 for the main applicant and £1,500 per dependent. All figures exclude VAT unless specifically stated and disbursements. Whether VAT will be payable on our fees and any disbursements will depend on where you are resident.
On average, a Tier 1 (Investor) visa application takes between 4 and 6 months to complete, but the exact timing will depend on the circumstances of your case, including (but not limited to):
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
- Whether you have an existing UK banking relationship
- Whether a fast-track application route is used
What services are included
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- advising on the process and documentation required to apply for Tier 1 (Investor) Visas, together with the strategy for demonstrating that you meet the relevant requirements within the UK Immigration Rules;
- liaising with you and your other advisers (where relevant) in relation to the necessary pre-application documentation to be compiled, including obtaining Overseas Criminal Record Certificate(s) and a bank letter to evidence the opening of a UK bank account as required under the UK Immigration Rules;
- drafting, completing and submitting your online application forms, and reviewing all supporting document;
- scheduling your application appointments with the relevant UK Visa Application Centre and preparing all the documentation necessary for this; and
- liaising with you, your bank(s) and the UK Home Office as appropriate and dealing with any other queries on the UK Immigration Rules, or application process, that may arise in respect of your initial Tier 1 (Investor) Visa applications.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. These can include (but not limited to):
- Interpreter and/or translation fees. The costs for these services will vary widely dependant on the extent to which they are required, as well as the complexity of your case.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. For information about the current processing times, please see the government website here.
Please note the anticipated timeframe and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.