Forsters is a leading London law firm with offices in Hill Street, off Berkeley Square in Mayfair. Forsters provides a wide range of services to corporate clients and private individuals. Forsters is best known for its real estate and private client work but also has important corporate and dispute resolution teams.
Forsters is not just another law firm; our ability to meet the exacting requirements of our clients is enhanced by our approach, size and location. We do not seek to offer everything to everyone, but to excel at what we do, as leaders in our chosen fields. We have 61 partners and over 150 lawyers across the firm advising in the following practice areas:
- Commercial Real Estate
- Private Client
- Dispute Resolution
- Residential Property
- Property Litigation
- Banking & Finance
- Landed Estates
As one of our trainees, you will have a unique opportunity to get involved in the departments of your choice, often as the sole trainee in your department giving you the chance to get involved in a range of tasks on varying deals.
Encouraging individuality is very much part of the Forsters culture. The firm provides an environment which allows everyone to develop and grow regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, maternity or pregnancy, race, religion or belief. At Forsters we are committed to ensuring that each member of the firm treats all of their colleagues with dignity and respect.
An all inclusive culture
We aim to foster an environment which focuses on the talent and potential of each and every one of our people. Forsters is somewhere individuals from all types of backgrounds are able to flourish and achieve their ambitions in a happy, cohesive and supportive environment.
We actively promote an environment which welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds. Some differences, such as age, gender and ethnicity, may be immediately apparent but other differences such as education, social background, religion and sexual orientation may not be apparent at all.
Forsters has an inclusive culture in which every person is valued and is allowed to make an individual contribution in a working environment which is free from any form of discrimination.
Forsters is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place in which to work and conducts an annual survey of its staff.
Smita Edwards - Senior Partner
The role of the Senior Partner is to oversee the strategic direction of the partnership.
Emily Exton - Managing Partner
The Managing Partner oversees the day to day running of the firm along with being responsible for all financial, regulatory and compliance issues
Departmental & Support Heads
- Andrew Crabbie – Head of Commercial Real Estate
- Victoria Edwards – Head of Banking & Finance
- Sarah Cook – Head of Construction
- Craig Thompson – Head of Corporate
- Benedict Walton – Head of Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Roberta Harvey – Head of Contentious Trusts and Estates
- Jo Edwards – Head of Family
- Victoria Du Croz – Head of Planning
- Natasha Rees – Head of Property Litigation
- Lucy Barber – Head of Residential Property
- Alison Fairchild – Head of Human Resources
- Aamir Shaheen – Head of Finance
- Claire Farrelly – Head of Marketing & Business Development
- Anthony Stables – Head of IT
- Nicole Borg – Head of Learning and Development
- Sarah-Jane Muskett – Head of Operations
- Tom Heselden – Head of Risk and Compliance
Every year Forsters takes on 7-9 trainees. The training contract at Forsters is divided into six four-month seats, not the traditional four.