Tactically dealing with squatters
Property Litigation partner, Ben Barrison, and senior associate, Dean Monk, talk to podcast host Miri Stickland about how to deal practically with squatters in commercial premises, which properties might be particularly vulnerable and the steps you need to go through to get them out.
Ben and Dean answer key question such as:
- What pre-emptive measures can/should you take to prevent squatters?
- Why can’t you just remove squatters from your land?
- What steps should you take if squatters arrive on your land?
- How swiftly can you obtain a court order to remove squatters?
- Will your insurance cover any damage to your property?