Elizabeth Small to speak at the VAT and Property Conference 2021
Tax Partner, Elizabeth Small, has been invited to speak at the upcoming VAT and Property Conference 2021 hosted by Orca Law.
Elizabeth will be hosting the session, entitled 'Consideration or compensation? RCB 12/20 and its aftermath', on Monday 8 November at 10:30am. In her session, Elizabeth will reflect upon HMRC's new guidance in 2020 and explore the following:
- Were we supposed to add VAT to dilapidations or not?
- What else no longer counted as compensation?
- In a commercial context – why are these payments made, what are they for, and how are they agreed?
- The case law behind HMRC’s rethink
- What we know now, and what we don’t.
The digital event will be hosted over two days, from 8 – 9 November 2021. You can register for the conference here