Buying & Selling Farms - The Nuts & Bolts: Adam Saunby to present MBL webinar
Rural Land and Business Senior Associate, Adam Saunby, will be running the MBL webinar ‘Buying & Selling Farms - The Nuts & Bolts’ on 24 January 2024.
This webinar will look at the fundamentals of buying and selling farms, useful tips, as well as discussing some of the nuances that acting in land transactions brings.
Whilst farming is as old as time, over the last few years there has been an increase in additional revenue streams to supplement income, which means that in addition to purchasing a farm, it is sometime necessary to consider its future use.
Adam will cover the following:
- Why collaboration with other professionals is key
- The basic fundamentals involved in a transactional process when selling and buying a farm
- The importance of site visits
- Understanding farming activities
- The basics of different types of farming tenancies and licences
- Contract negotiations
- Other things to be aware of such as environmental schemes, employees, tax considerations
- The increase in diversification on a farm e.g., renewable energy, holiday lettings
The webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 24th.
Book your place here.