Offshore Trusts: The All-Powerful Settlor - Potential Pitfalls & Solutions – James Brockhurst to deliver MBL webinar
Private Client Senior Associate, James Brockhurst, will be delivering an MBL training webinar entitled ‘Offshore Trusts: The All-Powerful Settlor - Potential Pitfalls & Solutions’ on 8 December at 12:30pm.
James will be discussing the demand for trusts with greater settlor control, with a focus on the following:
- The rationale for settlor reserved power trusts.
- The types of reserved power structures available.
- Tax considerations of reserved power trusts.
- Potential risks and means of challenge in the commercial and matrimonial contexts (with reference to key case law).
- The offshore response - how effective are the solutions offered? To include conflict of law scenarios between 'offshore' and 'onshore' jurisdictions.
- Structuring for the future, including drafting tips and novel clauses.
- Alternatives to reserved powers trusts, including Private Trust Companies and common law foundations. What are the pitfalls and advantages (both legal and practical) of these alternative solutions?
MBL (Management, Business, Law) is a leading learning & development provider for professional services firms.
Further information on the webinar and how to book can be found here (subscription required).